sexta-feira, 13 de abril de 2012

I did not dare dream that he would, but he came.


I wondered if life would always feel this perfect. Just yesterday I had none of this. Just yesterday he was just a dream I could never reach. Now he is here, in my arms, asleep.
The sun was already up and I could see some glimpses of rays of light coming out of the dark pink curtains and reflecting a rainbow of colors in the mirror.
I felt my beloved move beside him and greated him with the smile that showed him just how much I wanted him with me.
‘Hey there’.
‘Good morning, sleep well?’
‘Now that you’re here, I don’t think I’ll ever have a bad night sleep again’.
He laughed. We both knew that wasn’t true. I had problem sleeping since I was a child and him being here wouldn’t change that. It would make me feel better about not being able to sleep though. I looked up at the ceiling and wondered if it was true for a bit. He had really come all this way.
‘Don’t start daydreaming on me, my love. You’ll never stop and we’ll lose all morning if you continue to stare at the walls’. That was my turn to laugh. I looked into his eyes and kissed him. The feelings of being near him were so great I couldn’t even describe. The energy that came out of him made me both week and strong at the same time.
‘I love you’. Telling him felt easy.
‘And I love you, I hope catching that plane and leaving all of them behind was proof enough’. That’s what he had done, the day before. He just left everything behind for me. And I love him for that, but I also worry.
‘Aren’t you worried? Your family must hate me now’.
‘My family loves you, and ,most important, they love me. It was my decision and I could no longer live away from you. So, if you’re following your dreams, then so am I, and they better be supportive of us’.
‘There’s nothing I can say other than I love you’. He kissed me once again and I let myself get lost in him.
I had promised to show him the city I had decided to live in. Romantic as Paris was, being alone in it wasn’t so bad. Off course, I had felt like that until I had my Nicky in my arms.
Hand in hand I took him to my favorite spots. The Louvre and it’s marvelous three graces, we walked the Champs Élisé and I felt like a crazy person in love when I finally had a picture of the two of us together at the tower.
And then we came back home. My love couldn´t understand a thing that was going around him at the metro and he was obviously distracted by all the french that was going around. I just laughed.
But I soon realized how much he didn´t fit which had been the reason he hadn´t come in the first place.
In the comfort of my apartment once more, it didn´t take long before we were once more in my bed. I had missed him so much. And he had missed me. But we had to be sensible. I´d allow ourselves some time, because I wanted him here as much as I wanted to be here, however, it was going to be hard on both of us and I don´t think he knows that… he never realizes what his choices actually mean.
I’ve always been the sensible one, the one to see what was wrong and to understand what had to be done to fix it. I hope he sees reason too. I can’t bear to tell him that we won´t last if he doesn’t.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário